Example sponsorship emails
On average, you will get one donation for every five people you email! To increase the odds, here are some tips to make your email really count!
- Make sure you include a captivating subject line
- Don’t forget to paste in your fundraising page link
- Follow up again with your work mates, friends and family in the New Year
- Be sure to send a thank you to everyone who donates.
If you are struggling to create a winning email asking people to sponsor you, below are a few examples that might be a place to start!
As part of the Bupa Challenge Tour in the Santos Tour Down Under, I’m very excited to be riding in Cancer Council’s Ride for a reason team in January 2018.
I will tackle this stage of the Tour along with 600 other cyclists, as a united team with one goal – to help beat cancer (or to help all those affected by cancer).
Every five minutes, one Australian is diagnosed with cancer, changing their lives, and the lives of their friends and families forever. I’m proud to be helping to raise money that will lead to better ways to detect and treat cancer, so that less families experience this devastation.
[If you’re comfortable, share a bit about your connection to cancer here]
I’d be grateful if you would support my effort to help beat cancer, by making a tax-deductible donation/ dollar matching/ or providing in-kind support to assist my fundraising. [Choose what’s applicable – if in-kind support, specify what you need, e.g. use of your venue for a fundraising night, donation of xxx to use as a raffle prize etc]
Your contribution would mean a great deal to me and will help save lives.
- $31 can help transport patients from Cancer Council lodge to treatment
- $52.50 funds a call to a cancer nurse on 13 11 20 that supports a person through a cancer diagnosis
- $80 can help Cancer Council SA give 16 newly diagnosed cancer patients importing support and information resources to help them through their cancer journey.
- $106 can help provide a home away from home for country cancer patients and their carers at Cancer Council Lodge during treatment.
To make a secure tax deductible donation directly to me, visit [include link to personal fundraising page]. You’ll also receive an automatic tax receipt. If you prefer to make a cash or cheque donation, please let me know and I’ll organise a receipt for you. [Remove any details that aren’t applicable to your ask]
To discuss how you can assist me to help beat cancer, please call [mobile number], or email [email address] by [date].
Every day, we can all do something to help beat cancer.
Thanks for your support and for giving hope to so many.
Thank you template
You have helped in the fight to beat cancer!
Thank you for your recent donation of [insert amount $] in support of my participation in Cancer Council’s 2018 Ride for a reason team.
Every dollar raised will help Cancer Council invest in ground-breaking cancer research, empower people to reduce their own risk with prevention education and provide essential support to everyone affected by cancer.
Thank you also for supporting me personally in what is sure to be an unforgettable challenge.
On behalf of the countless lives you have helped change, thank you for your kindness and generosity.