Looking for a different way to Ride for a reason in 2019?
Check out the brand new Ride for a reason Distance Challenge!
Are you unable to ride the Santos Tour Down Under Challenge Tour this year or have you done it before and you’re looking for a new challenge?
This year for the first time, Cancer Council has introduced the Ride for a reason Distance Challenge which allows you to set your own targeted distance that you can complete during the 11 days of the Santos Tour Down Under.
Your Distance Challenge could be 5 km, 50 km or 500 km – whatever challenges you. You can clock up the km’s anywhere, anytime during the 11 days and you can even join rides out of the tour village each morning in order to reach your goal.
Simply set yourself a target when you register to join Ride for a reason and log your Km’s via Strava, Fitbit or simply enter them manually into your fundraising account so your km’s can accumulate over the days.
Why take on the Distance Challenge?
You can ride on your own or in a group at a time that suits you! Don’t be restricted by the time, date, location or format of the Challenge Tour – simply set your own schedule and work it around your commitments.
This new option for Ride for a reason gives you more flexibility and through your fundraising efforts, still raises much needed funds for Cancer Council. PLUS you can earn a fantastic custom kit as you reach fundraising milestones.
Ways to achieve your goal:
- Visit the Ride for a reason website and sign up to the Distance Challenge
- Each day from 13 – 20 January, the Tour Down Under will be hosting rides departing from the Tour Village.
- If you’re new to cycling or have had some time off your bike, why not calculate how many km’s it takes to ride to work and back during the tour and set that as your challenge?
- Connect with other Distance Challenge riders by joining our official Ride for a reason Facebook group and chat about the different rides throughout Tour week. You’ll not only have great support on the bike but the opportunity to exchange fundraising tips and your motivation for joining the team!
- Do you have an indoor bike trainer at home or a gym membership? The Distance Challenge doesn’t need to be completed on the road. Jump on the trainer and meet your goal.
- Join our monthly Ride for a reason rides to build your fitness ahead of tour week.
- Thanks to Ergo Fitness, each person who signs up to Ride for a reason has access to a FREE training session with owner, David Parsons. Book in your session to add diversity to your training and get great tips about your form on the bike!