Ride for a reason history
Established in 2009, Ride for a reason is South Australia’s leading cycling program, giving participants the chance to challenge themselves while also raising vital funds for Cancer Council.
Since the event started, Ride for a reason participants have raised more than $4 million for Cancer Council, funding ground-breaking cancer research, support and prevention programs to ensure that every day, we are working towards a cancer free future.
Ride your way
Tour Down Under Challenge Tour presented by The Advertiser
- Ride the same route as the pros just hours before they take to the road.
- Choose from multiple start locations to match your ability and size of challenge you’re keen to take on.
- Participants are provided with an exclusive jersey to wear during the ride, a timing chip and unique rider ID number, as well as full mechanical and medical support during the ride.
January Distance Challenge
- Nominate the Ride Distance that challenges you during the month of January.
- Ride the course that most suits your ability to complete your nominated distance.
- Do it in your own time, solo or create a team with friends.
Combine the January Distance Challenge with the Tour Down Under Challenge Tour
- Add the Tour Down Under Challenge Tour presented by The Advertiser to your total January Distance Challenge nominated amount to reach your goal.
Earn your kit
The Ride for a reason team has been working in conjunction with Santini to design the latest Ride for a reason kit!
We think it is the best yet—but we’ll let you be the judge! Raise funds (or donate to yourself) and earn your kit today!