Ride your way
Join Cancer Council's Ride for a reason team and hundreds of fellow riders who are helping to create a cancer free future.
You can make a difference by simply riding your bike, and be rewarded for your efforts!
January Distance Challenge
Did you know that every day 28 South Australians are told that they have cancer? Challenge yourself and set yourself a riding goal this January supporting the many South Australians impacted by cancer.
You can nominate the days, km and terrain you want to ride and can either do it solo or as part of a team. Once you have nominated the time and km's you can record your rides on Strava or MapMyFitness to show others how close you are to achieving your goal.
What are you waiting for?
- Set your K’s and ride for cancer
- Create a workplace team for a bit of fun, competition and bonding and ask your colleagues, suppliers and clients to ride with you towards a cancer free future or simply invite your friends or family members to ride alongside you for some exercise and catch up.
Tip: your colleagues, friends and family don't need to be in the same state to be a part of your team, anyone across Australia or overseas can be part of your team!
- If you prefer to ride on your trainer at home or at the gym, you can still make it count. Spin class is a great way to get fit and be in a group environment where you can be motivated by people around you.
- You will get a personal online fundraising page which will include a plug in, allowing you to sync your favourite fitness app to track your progress showing how close you are to achieving your goal.
- You will get a personalised online fundraising page which is set up with some great tools to help you with your fundraising.
- Raise $1,000 and earn the exclusive Santini Ride for a reason jersey kit including sleeves, jersey and knicks.
- Be part of our Ride for a reason monthly training rides, an inclusive and welcoming group led by cycling legend Pat Jonker.
- Join our Ride for a reason Facebook page for the latest information and to connect to likeminded people.
- For all new riders, here is a link to the SA Gov Cycling Safety section which clearly outlines cycling safety information so you can be safe and enjoying your ride SA GOV - Cycling road rules and safety
- Remember, the Ride for a reason team at Cancer Council SA will be there to support you every step of the way to achieve your riding and fundraising goal.